Need Advice? Need a reccommendation?

The Bridal Babe is here to help. Email me:

TheBridalBabe@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A, E, I, O, and U’ve got to be joking

Hello Bridal Babes

A couple of weeks ago, I received a phone call from a groom who asked if he can hold his wedding “recession” with us. I thought, maybe I misheard him, but once again, he asked about his wedding “recession”. I should have corrected him, but I was afraid of offending him, so I let it be. Then we began talking about the ceremony and he asked at what point are their “vowels” said. I said which one, the A, E, I, O or U? (no, of course I didn't say that) but I did say your “vows” and softly stressed the pronunciation – I still don’t think he got it.

This is the second time I have heard someone refer to their “Vows” as “Vowels”, yes second time. I had already shared this story with a friend that also happens to be catering manager at the shore, one who actually witnessed the first occurrence and shared her story with me. She emailed me today, to once again announce another usage of the word “Vowels”.

I know I didn’t have the nerve to correct him, but aren’t I doing more harm than good? So it is my oath to the world that will help educate in wedding terminology and politely correct any verbal mishaps.

If you have been witness to wedding wordplay, please share. We all can contribute to this cause.


muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love hearing your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to also ask me any questions for free advice.